Hi friends –
I got a bit overwhelmed this evening and didn’t have time to post, so I thought you might enjoy reading what I posted before my first day of work last year. Be back tomorrow!
Mornin’. I’m off to my first day day of work!
Because I’m beginning my internship today, I wanted to start a discussion about adjusting to a full-time work schedule….
My mission on Taking Back my Twenties is not to complain, but to take charge of my life and find ways to make working days more enjoyable. Part of this means making life at work more comfortable. I have a few ideas about how I’m going to accomplish this, so I made a list of goals. Most of the things on this list are common sense, but they tend to be easier said than done, which is why I’m going to need reminders…
[these are the things I’d like to remember to do in round two of starting a full-time job; I got rid of some of the old ones and added two new ones…]
3. Get in bed 30 minutes before bedtime so I have a chance to wind-down. Since I’m a night person, I tend to get energized before bed and then I have trouble falling asleep right away.
6. Get up 15 minutes earlier than I actually need to so I don’t have to rush in the morning. I hate rushing.
8. Think of each day as a learning experience and not just a list of tasks that I need to get through!
9. Make an effort to build new relationships
10. Continue to push myself even if the job gets boring (this is where I went wrong in my internship)
I know many of you have probably mastered life in the working world, so I’d love to hear your tips for making the work day more enjoyable!