Happy Labor Day! I’m enjoying a fun-filled weekend with my parents, who are visiting Dallas!
Exercise used to be my time to clear my head – now it’s the time that my to-do list fills my head and ruins my me time.
We’ve been eating giant salads over here, because they are quick and easy and good for wedding bodies.
Work got crazy this week, which can be expected for this time of year – what is it about the end of school and kids acting crazy?
Sleep and I are BFF.
I’m going to the Lantern tomorrow night and I’m so pumped. We also have a dance lesson – is it bad that I’m not as pumped?
I love this weather, and all the green in Durham. Lush!
I need the ultimate romance novel to read on my honeymoon – do tell!!!!Read More
I feel like I’m in this peaceful period – the calm before the storm. This winter has been relatively slow in terms of plans and events, and while I know things are about to be super busy, I’ve just been enjoying going to work, slowly making my way through the giant to-do list that is the wedding, and taking pleasure in the slow pace of the cold season. Here’s what I’ve been loving lately:
- I’ve been trying to work out in the mornings 2 or so days a week, so that I can better utilize my time in the evening. I really can’t even describe how wonderful it feels to get home from work and not have to think about going anywhere. I’ve always hated evening workouts, and I’m especially appreciating getting cozy at night during the winter. A few years ago, I would have been bored at home or craving happy hour, but these days, there’s nothing better than being warm on the couch with free time. The best nights involve Downton Abby (I’m stuck now btw because Netflix doesn’t have season 2) or a movie.
- Caitlin’s cornbread quiche. I love that this is easy, delicious, produces leftovers, and can be made with essentially any toppings. I keep coming back to it over and over again.
- Wedding planning, while quite stressful and sometimes annoying, is so fun. For the most part, I’ve really enjoyed the process and I’m starting to realize that I’m a very visual person. I love just looking. The flowers, colors, patterns, paper, dresses, shoes are all so darn beautiful these days, that wedding browsing has become my favorite way to waste time. Even though I’ve already planned so many of the details, I still want to look!
- Date night. There’s just nothing quite like a good one-on-one date (I would be terrible on The Bachelor). It’s no secret that I’m obsessed with going out to dinner, but one of the reasons I love it so much is because it allows for quality time without all the distractions of work, school, or life. Matt and I had great conversation just sitting at the bar on Friday night, and it felt so refreshing after a long week.
- Wine. Every year, after I’ve had every imaginable chocolate porter, coffee stout, pumpkin ale, and winter barley wine during the holidays, I start to crave a little break from beer. And then I have a glass of juicy red wine and remember that I adore wine too! My love for beer just sometimes overpowers it and I have to go on a wine kick to rekindle the flame.
What’s something simple that you’re loving about life?Read More
I didn’t even know I’d reached a milestone until this arrived today! Whoohoo, only 80 more days of school.
I haven’t really talked about my job much because, well, we know I don’t love it:) But really, it’s going well. There are still plenty of days that I feel ehh about the whole school psychology thing. I’m just much more interested in mental health than special education. But most of the time I feel neutral about it. I do really enjoy the people I work with. And I like having responsibility and independence. Most of all, I like being in the school environment. I’m still craving more of something, but the problem is (and always has been) that I’m not sure what the next step might be in order to turn the corner in my career path.
Matt made dinner! In the crockpot that is. He assesmbed Kath’s pineapple chicken this morning and it turned out beautifully. I sure do love chunks of pineapple and the combination of sweet + sour.
Not having to cook dinner will never get old.
Happy 100 days of school friends!
Not just any Thursday, it was back to work day.
- Waking up was horrible but once I got there it felt quite good to have a purpose to my day!
- Leftover jambalaya for lunch definitely spiced things up:)
- It was not a good day for the heat to stop working in the building.
- My students have to take exams next week – no matter how bad going back to work feels, nothing is worse than taking tests!!!
- I know, I really owe you a wedding update. It’s been on my to-do list for weeks.
- Sweet potato black bean enchiladas = never get old. Matt and I enjoyed these while watching the Duke-Davidson game. I’ve been weaning myself from drinking beer every night on vacation and only had half with the game.
- I can’t believe it’s the weekend again. The laundry pile is massive!!
- Is it spring yet?
Good night, sleep tight.Read More
I’ve learned to make a copy of my posts to prevent Ecto from eating them…unless it’s late at night and I’m tired and I forget. And it’s always those nights that posts are consumed:( So, I apologize for last night’s post.
So today I had another holiday party! This time, instead of psychologists, it was the exceptional students staff at one of my schools. And this party had adult beverages:) We went to a local bar and they had half off glasses of wine! Plus, I had a really incredible fried green tomato, pimento cheese, and arugula sandwich…for $2.95!!!! I rarely take advantage of happy hour food specials, but this was a total steal and a delicious dinner with a fun crowd.
I walked straight from the restaurant to the hair salon for a Christmas cut. Matt walked me home and I kept him company while he had dinner.
Couch time is planned for the next hour. It’s sooo fun having this guy home at night to just hang out!
I’m officially counting down until Friday. I’m so excited to sleep, and eat, and be with family, and relax, and sleep.Read More