Another Thanksgiving over:( I had a great time relaxing in Maryland!! It was chilly though – I lasted about 15 minutes playing cornhole on Thanksgiving day, and then snuggled under a blanket until dinner.
I’m not very good anyway…
I’m obsessed with this new eggplant dip I found at WF. It’s tangy and sooo good with sweet potato chips.
I made Kath’s pumpkin meatloaf this week! Yes, it’s ugly, but that’s because I made a one-person portion [excuses] and just kinda formed it in one corner of the loaf pan. The upside was that all the sides were crunchy end pieces. I also added bourbon in place of the water in the sauce:)
I loved the pumpkin sauce so much that I made a lighter version with crushed tomatoes the next day! It’s funny that I hate tomato sauce and love bbq sauce. Aka, I love sugar.
I finally got to try one of Chef Stephan Pyles’ famous restaurants on a lunch date today. The place was swanky and packed with business people. I had the most amazing dish: wood-fired chicken with sun-dried tomato-bacon chutney, avocado fries, and grilled romaine hearts. The avocado fries were giant chunks of breaded, warm avocado. Mmmm.
Though it was 90 degrees outside today (which actually felt quite nice), I had the urge to bake and really wanted pumpkin. I followed this recipe for no-bake pumpkin oatmeal cookies. The dough is incredible! But then I got sad that I couldn’t eat one hot out of the oven, so I decided to bake them. I added an egg and 1/4 tsp baking powder and also threw in some cranberries. They are more like mini muffin clusters than cookies, but they hit the spot.
Soo close to another weekend! See ya.Read More
We’re having an amazing time here on the island. It’s chilly, but the clear blue sunny skies make up for it.
A margarita kicked off the vacation and then we spent most of Wednesday afternoon catching up and showing Matt’s family around the island.
- I saw Argo on Sunday and really enjoyed it. And I loved Ben’s new look:)
- I heart America!
- I need a weekly show [not House Hunters]
- Found this in the grocery store…a little different but so tasty with pita chips:
- After all the talk of tea in the comments [thanks guys!}, I had a hot cup of peppermint this afternoon! I have kind of a big problem with hydration and tea helps with that too
- There’s something very attractive about white haired men…
- I know there are tons of hurricane Sandy fundraisers/donation options out there, but consider donating something from this Amazon wish list for students at a Monmouth Beach, NJ school that’s expected to be closed for 5+ weeks due to damage. Reader Lindsay grew up in Monmouth Beach and went through a similar experience when the school was flooded from a storm back in ’92 – she and her fellow classmates organized the wish list as they were in the very same situation 20 years ago.
- Thanks for reading even when my content is boring:)
Gloomy, rainy days sure go well with Mondays. But at least something exciting happens this week!
I had a training that started a little later this morning, so I knocked out a workout at the Y. It was great because after work I definitely didn’t want to go out in the rain. The afternoon kind of dragged on, and so I was quite excited to get to go home to complete free time. I made by first batch of pumpkin oats for tomorrow’s breakfast. I tried to delay opening a can as long as possible, because last year, I was hooked on pumpkin oats until MAY!
And I made soup. I bought some chicken drumsticks and went ahead and boiled the chicken for shredding, so it would be all ready to go into this mix by dinner time. I can’t remember exactly where I got this – maybe a Great Harvest Bakery gift from my mom?
Anyway, it was super quick and made a ton of soup for the week. And I loved how chunky it was with all that chicken.
I think our little party at the lake made me extra tired today – who gets sleepy at 7 pm?
I’ve noticed that since living in Atlanta this summer (where I had no cable or basic/local channels), I’m much less interested in TV at night. Part of this is just because I find the internet more stimulating and staring at the TV has actually become boring. Sometimes I do wish I could just settle down and enjoy a show without any distractions – I do find it more relaxing than being on the internet because it’s less interactive. But the most relaxing night time activity for me is reading. I rarely make it through more than a chapter, but I know it helps me unwind and get sleepy. To the point that I never finish any books! But, I am planning to get in bed and finish my book right this minute. I’m looking forward to starting a new one – maybe State of Wonder? Not sure what it’s about, but it’s been on my side table for a while.