-The sun’s out after days and its glorious. Those post-apocalyptic scenarios where the sun doesn’t shine anymore are my worse nightmare.
-Matt had to travel this week, so I ate lots of bowls with toppings for dinner. My usual go-to combos over quinoa are: roasted broccoli, nuts, and veggie burger; black beans, corn, roasted sweet potatoes, avocado, salsa; mushrooms, carrots, spicy sausage, and Indian simmer sauce. This new one I had last night was incredible and included cranberries, sweet potatoes roasted in coconut oil, kale, jalapeno chicken sausage, and garlic and lemon dressing. It’s a keeper.
-After last week’s party, I really want new holiday heels! I LOVE these suede ones with a more reasonable heel. I also like some of the ‘shooties’ I’ve seen online, but who wants toes peeping out in winter?
-Speaking of shopping, if you’re looking for something fun on the cheap to wear on New Year’s, Forever 21 has some crazy leggings right now that could be paired with an existing top or dress….
- I knocked out all the alcohol shopping for our Christmas stay-cation last night! (don’t worry, we’ll have 9 here to help consume).
-Aren’t you glad you don’t have to take finals or write term papers this week? I am!Read More
- Time is flying faster than I can ever remember.
- I’ve become one of those people who clicks on all the ads for clutches and wedges on the sides of webpages. The internet knows just what I’m looking for these days, and if it’s not wedding related, it’s spring browsing or unnecessary travel accessories.
- Fish tacos: never as good at home as in restaurants.
- But, nothing that an airplane bottle of Jose in a homemade margarita can’t fix.
- Spring break: it’s in two more weeks and Matt and I have a little adventure planned.
- I just don’t do outside runs in the winter, so I’ve been enjoying a few here and there since the weather warmed up. The wind and hills sure make it harder! And what do you do when you lose a pony tail holder mid-stride? I sped up to cross a street and then there was hair everywhere. I felt dumb, and since I was close to home, I just walked the rest.
- I registered for my 5 year college reunion this week!
- Coral, mint green, teal – spring is brighter than ever.
- Last night I got 8 hours, 45 minutes of sleep and it was out-of-this-world. Like my eyes just opened at 6:30 and I wanted to get up.
I’m back from a girls weekend with my grandmother and my mom! The weekend was quite relaxing and we did lots of eating and talking. I got word on Twitter that Friday was national margarita day, so I asked the bartender at the retirement home bistro to make me one on the rocks. She actually made it martini style with a sugar rim and it was oh-so-strong! My grandma enjoyed a bloody mary. We sat around with her friends and chatted about the wedding.
We ended the weekend with a big Sunday brunch buffet that only happens once a month. The highlights were the sausage and egg strata, the sticky buns, and blueberry pancakes!
It was a great weekend of visiting! Its always fun to see my grandma amidst all of her friends – she’s still living it up even though she’s in her 80′s:)
I think the flying tired me out because I felt ehh today. Matt was playing in a soccer tournament in Austin this weekend, and his 1am arrival last night probably didn’t help either. I’m such an old lady these days, but I’m sooo excited to go to bed tonight!! Hope yall had a pleasant Monday.Read More
I spent the weekend visiting my grandmother in Baltimore! My mom and I flew up together to fit in a quick visit before the holidays. We enjoyed a glass of wine in the airport, and then arrived just in time for Friday night dessert and cava. My grandma loves deserts too and she had fresh cream puffs for us from a local bakery and a chocolate cake with wonderful vanilla buttercream. It was so nice to have a low key Friday night, just chatting and eating sweets. And 8+ hours in the cozy hotel across the street was pretty grand too.
On Saturday, we went shopping at our favorite store – Loehmann’s. I stocked up on sweaters and got an awesome pair of suede boots. Oh, and a bathing suit for the honeymoon!!!! After shopping, my uncle took us to an old fashioned diner (above) and insisted we try the Napoleon after our sandwiches. I couldn’t believe the dessert case at the diner! Mmmm.
Saturday night was a lot of fun because we met all of of my grandmother’s friends in the bistro for drinks. Almost everyone at the table ordered some sort of of whiskey – that generation sure can hold their liquor:)
But I just can’t decide if I want sequins,
or something really traditional, but extraordinary.
Regardless, the shoes have got to be under three inches (for comfort and height restrictions). It’s tempting to get carried away with all the beautiful designer shoes out there (like the manolo blahnik’s above!), but even if I had the cash, I’m kind of against the principle of spending that much money on shoes. But they sure are pretty!
For now, I’m happy to just dream about my wedding shoes and the day that will come with them.
If you’re married, what did you choose for The Wedding Shoe?Read More