Current obsession edition:
1. I go through a chip and hummus combo every few weeks – right now it’s these pumpkin crisps with jalapeño and cilantro Hope Hummus.
2. I got a new iPod after my nano from college stopped keeping a charge. It was a tiny one that couldn’t hold all of my songs at once. I put a bunch of old country music on the new one and I’m enjoying driving around with the windows, down pretending I’m in high school.
3. Kath introduced me to this foundation a few months again and I just love it. It took a while for me to get used to it because I think my skin was addicted to Clinique, but now I’m really happy with the color and moisture.
4. This weather. I know some people like to get right to boots and coats, but 70’s are just fine with me. Plus, when temps have been in the 100’s forever and ever, 70 feels pretty darn cold.
5. The stuffed squash at Origin Kitchen – this may been the best vegetarian dish I’ve ever had. Matt and I were both in love with it when we had it last Saturday night. Acorn squash, crispy kale, wheatberries, pomegranate, and a walnut syrup….
6. Entering my 30th year. My 29th is this weekend, and I’m in a good place at this age. There have been so many transitions in my 20’s – grad school, moving for Matt to go to grad school, getting married, moving for Matt’s career opportunity, and a long, frustrating job search. But for the first time in a while, I’m just living my life, going to work every day, and not gearing up for any major change (knock on wood:))
Happy weekend!Read More
I had a lovely weekend hosting my in-laws from the far away land of Maryland! We kicked off the stay-cation with dinner at Lockhart BBQ down in the Bishop Arts section of Dallas. This place is famous and we’ve had it on our list for a year. I loved the brisket, ribs, and baked beans, I just wasn’t a fan of the sauce. I had my second pumpkin beer of the season too.
Matt’s parents love beer, and our friend was celebrating his birthday at Peticolas Brewery, so Saturday was filled with beer! We ate more brisket in taco form, enjoyed cupcakes, and chatted for a couple of hours.
I also got to catch up with my good friend Sara who was in Dallas for the weekend!
Saturday night, we took Matt’s parents downtown to CBD Provisions. We had the best cornbread with caramel butter!
Matt and I shared pimento toast with sausage and arugula,
and these giant shrimp and grits. I also had a absolutely divine bourbon drink that I would go back to CBD just to order!
Sunday, we enjoyed a leisurely brunch and walk, and a nice afternoon at the Nasher Sculpture Garden – there was a really neat exhibit featuring special architectural projects by British designer Thomas Heatherwick.
So that was the weekend! Oh, and the weather was simply perfect.
Thanks to the Allens for the fun-filled weekend!Read More
“I participated in an Influencer Activation Program on behalf of Influence Central for Ame & Lulu. I received product samples to facilitate my review.”
Since staring my new job, I’ve been going to a few 6 am classes each week. I don’t mind getting up as much as I mind showering at the gym. But, I’m starting to get used to it, and I bought double of some of my products so that I can keep them packed. However, I didn’t have a good gym bag. And just when I was browsing the internets for something, I was presented with the opportunity to try an Ame and Lulu bag! I went to the website right away to make sure they were cute. And they are! There are all types of colorful and classic patterns and there are a bunch of different travel assessoriess to match.
I hadn’t heard of the company before, but the founder, Amye Kurson, created the brand in 2003 because she wanted more stylish accessories that could be used for sports (shes’s an avid golfer) as well as a day of shopping or grabbing drinks with friends.
For my tote, I chose the Wish black and green pattern because the black will match almost anything and the pop of green makes it more fun.
The bag is called the Easy Tote, and I also got the Key Pouch and the Essentials Insert to go with. I’ve been putting jewelry in the Key Pouch and using the Essentials Insert for things like deodorant, extra hair ties, and dry shampoo. Now I want the Makeup Bag too!
The bag is very roomy and well constructed and has a large interior pocket with zipper. I can easily fit my shoes and outfit for the day, running or spinning shoes, makeup bag, and shower stuff inside and there’s still room! The only thing I don’t like about it is that it doesn’t zip closed (it snaps). I like bags that zip for travel.
Overall, I’d definitely recommend Ame and Lulu based on the bag and accessories I received – there are so many cute patterns and the bags can be used for so much more than just the gym. Packing my bag the night before and having all the products I use at home with me in the locker room has made it just a bit easier to get out of bed in the mornings and get to the gym.
You guys can get 25% at Ame and Lulu! Use code love25. Enjoy!Read More